- Sweet Pea stayed up until 2am this morning...... (Thursday)
- She's teething and fell sleep in the car on the way home from the park. So it threw her whole schedule off.
- It's ok. She woke up at the same time anyway. >.<
- She loves bringing us toys, to show off and to play with
- She's been a huge grump lately, who can blame her, cutting four teeth at the same time.
- She's turned into a HUGE daddy's girl!!
- She can almost say "ball". More like "baah".
- She says "up" like a champ.
- She adores my grandmother, "GiGi"
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Monday, July 14, 2014
I'd like to add on to my last post. I wrote about a couple of ladies in my bubble. But today I'd like to write about the rest of my bubble.
I am so lucky to have my bubble, and I've worked hard to get it to where it is today. There were a few bad apples trying to pop said bubble, a while back. But now, it's better than ever.
They lift me up whenever I'm down. They've all been there for me and Sweet Pea whenever we've needed them. It's really a community. I met a majority of them through Birth Without Fear, but a lot of them through another Facebook group I belong to. I've become very close to them, and I love them. And I'm very lucky to have them in my life.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
A good online friend of mine is a quilter. I've enjoyed watching her create the most beautiful quilts the last couple of years, while getting to know her, and seeing her boys grow up on Facebook and Instagram.
The past several months, she's been working on this gorgeous Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt, I assumed, for one of her boys, or to sell. She would tag me in her posts about it because, everyone knows how obsessed I am with The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
When she was done making it, she took one final picture, and tagged me in it, so I could see it. I offered to sell my organs to buy it from her, but she said it wasn't for sale, or she would give me a good price.
Fast-forward to yesterday. I get a message from said friend. She asked if I had checked my mail, and had put the same emojis I was using on her pictures. I think my heart literally stopped. She said she couldn't take it anymore, and I had to go check my mail. I
ran....ok, waddled really fast, to the mail boxes. Nothing. Was this some sort or cruel joke? I checked the front and back door. Nothing. Gah! Clearly, the mail carrier doesn't get it.
I walked back inside and told M. (friend) the mail hadn't come yet. She was displeased. I had to put Sweet Pea down for a nap. Then the mail came!!
Mister went and got it. And look what was inside!!!!!!
I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
^^^ This is the backing ^^^
We have it on the couch so we all can enjoy it.
Today, Sweet Pea wouldn't settle down during nap time. She climbed off my nap, and went over to the big couch. She pulled down her quilt, and brought it over to me. She then climbed back into my lap and fell asleep. I'm just glad we have air conditioning now!
Sweet Pea loves her new quilt, and so do I. I can't wait for it to get cold, so I can cuddle under it with Sweet Pea, and get warm.
I also won a giveaway from another friend that I made on Instagram, and have since become friends on Facebook. She also made Sweet Pea a special surprise! We're very blessed in our bubble of friends. She has an adorable Etsy Shop, totally check it out!
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- Sweet Pea likes beets! We went out to dinner with my parents, and there were pickled beets on our salads...she loved them!
- She had a blast at her new cousin's baby shower, and playing with her big cousin.
- She doesn't like getting her diaper changed anywhere but home. She used to throw a fit about it, but the last few times has actually let me do it.
- We got her some ball-bit balls for her pac n play, and she loves them!
- I'm pretty sure she's cutting one of her K-9 teeth, and she's not very happy about it.
- One of her favorite toys is the Very Hungry Caterpillar apple that her aunt and uncle (BIL) got her for her birthday. Every time I put it away, she runs to get it out again.
- Sweet Pea LOVES spaghetti
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
- She's been eating more broccoli, because we sneak it into her food
- She brings us her babies to play with, as she sits in our laps
- She loves bath time, and splashes water everywhere
- She does NOT eat when she's not hungry, good habit to keep
- She's beginning to dance to music!
- She's downright terrified of the vacuum!
- She loves Grandma (my mom) to pieces, and will ignore us when she is here.
- She loves getting her puppy baby so Mister and her can play with it together.
- She's 30 1/2 inches long, 26.2 lbs. Growing big and strong.
- She loves the Wiggles.
- She went to her first splash park, and had an absolute blast!!!
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with things to do with Sweet Pea in or out of the house. I want herto be entertained, but I'm at a loss. Well, I stumbled across THE perfect app! It's called Knoala, pronounced like Koala. You put in your child's name, and age. And it gives you hundreds of ideas. It even lets you take pictures of you doing said activity, to connect with other moms. It breaks down the activities by age too, so they're always age appropriate. I wish I had heard of this sooner, for when Sweet Pea was younger.
Best of all, it's free!!
Monday, June 30, 2014
I decided to keep doing the monthly pictures, just a little differently. So...
Sweet Pea is now 13 months old! She's walking everywhere, and talking more and more. Currently her favorite thing to do, is to bring Mister or I one of her babies and have us play with her.
She's discovering her screaming voice, which is super....fun, and loud. But, it's also really funny. She gets really excited.
We just got back from her well child check up, and she weighs 26.2 lbs (97 percentile) and is 30.5 inches long (85 percentile) She's doing wonderfully!