Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy day after Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was wonderful! I couldn't have asked for a better time. It was quiet and peaceful, and full of love.
My mom came over in the late morning and her and I got to cooking. Mister slept in and didn't have to lift a finger, until it was time to clean up. Then he got busy, we didn't have to clean a thing.

Really, my mom did all the cooking, I helped but not much. We had a great big turkey, that we got for $3.50! We had home made stuffing, green bean casserole (which I've been craving for weeks), home made dinner rolls, stuffed mushrooms, spinach balls, two kinds of cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes (that turned our horrible) and a pumpkin and apple pie, with home made whipped cream.

Everything was delicious, except the mashed potatoes. I got the recipe from Pinterest which led to here. They turned out grey and not flavorful at all. It could be that I used unsalted butter, because that's what we had, but ew. Mister liked them alright, but never again.

My mom stayed for a while after, and we watched a movie. We all stayed up way to late, and now I feel like I have a hangover. I'm exhausted!

The best part about having the holiday at your house, you get all the leftovers! Mmm turkey. We might do the same thing for Christmas, I'm just not sure yet.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!