Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Holidays

So I'm a day late, but what's new?
We had a perfect Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I hope everyone else did as well.
I've eaten far too much, consumed so much sweets, I have to get that under control....tomorrow, when the peanut brittle is gone.
We had so much fun visiting with family Christmas Day, people that we don't get to see very often. I got to see cousins that live too far away, and got a glimpse of our future. Bug, he's 16 months old, didn't sit down the entire night! Go go go. He was so good! He didn't cry or fuss, didn't get into anything. He visited with everyone, and his cuteness, just too much to handle! Cuteness overload! His beautiful soft curls, big brown eyes...
Everyone was so generous, we'll be able to get lots of things for Sweet Pea. My aunt and uncle gave us a stroller, and some pregnancy books, my parents gave us our first baby book which I've been really looking forward to. We also got a couple gift cards that we're saving to buy baby goodies. EEK! I can't believe we're almost 1/2 way there!!
Christmas Eve was the start of a new tradition. We had my mom over, made dinner all together ( ok, maybe I watched Mister and my mom cook... I had no energy...maybe I took a nap too ) it was much more low key than what we did for thanksgiving, which was way too much food. We exchanged gifts, and then played monopoly for hours. It was a lot of fun, and very special. We've realized how important traditions are now that Sweet Pea is on the way. I grew up with traditions that I still hold very dear to my heart, we both want that for Sweet Pea.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and has a wonderful new year!!