Saturday, April 20, 2013

A bit overwhelmed

I'm looking at the pile of clean laundry that's been sitting on the couch for far to long, wishing I had the energy to put it away...or at least fold it. I've got a batch of split pea soup cooking on the stove, is that enough accomplishment for one day?

This nesting thing is trying really hard to kick in. I want to get things cleaned and organized, everything where it should go, I just don't have the energy for it.

I woke up at around noon today. Don't judge, last night was a difficult night and I had a hard time sleeping. So I woke up around noon, and I wasn't up one hour before I was ready to go back to sleep. I can barely keep my eyes open today. I fight the urge to nap on a regular basis, because if I do, I won't sleep at night.

There's so much to get done before Sweet Pea arrives. Yes, there's also a lot of time, but I'm afraid there's not enough. This place needs a deep cleaning, both showers need to be unclogged and crap needs to be put away.

I'm hoping after the baby shower this weekend, that I'll get some random burst of energy to get things done. I want to wait until all her clothes are bought and in one place before I start washing them. We're planning on putting the crib together in the next couple of weeks, and the car seat won't go in until I'm about 36 weeks along. So really, there's not much I can do...except clean. Mister reassures me that we'll get it all done before Sweet Pea gets here, I'm just not very good at waiting.

I'm a little concerned that we don't have everything we need for her arrival, but like I said we've got plenty of time, and the shower is this weekend. I'm a planner, I like to know what's going to happen and when. I guess I should start letting go of that, since that's pretty hard to do with a new baby.

I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed and anxious. Really, I'd just like to go nap and pretend everything is ready.