Monday, April 29, 2013

Hectic times

This past week has been so hectic! I'm beyond exhausted, I've more than over done it, but I enjoyed every moment of it.

Every Monday and Thursday we have non stress tests for Sweet Pea. We drive 30 minutes away, I get hooked up to the machines and try not to fall asleep to the sound of Sweet Pea's heartbeat. Last Monday we  had an ultrasound after the NST, and my mom wanted to go. It went well, Sweet Pea is measuring right on track, well...except for her little tummy. It's measuring a few weeks ahead, which is OK. She comes by it honestly. She's also weighing in at 6 lbs., give or take a pound. My little chunky monkey.

Friday I had lunch with my mom and one of her friends that I've known since childhood. I was actually in her wedding, and she sewed many of dresses for me as a child. She very generously bought us a Pack N Play for Sweet Pea! It has a bassinet and a newborn napper in it. I can't wait to use it!

After lunch, my mom and I went to the Expo Center to a HUGE consignment sale put on by Just Between Friends. It was hot. We shopped and shopped, and then shopped some more. Sweet Pea has a nice collection of books now, which for some reason is extremely important to me. I want to read to her every night. One of the volunteers mentioned consignment store that might have a wrap carrier that I was looking for, so we headed there after shopping until we about died.

When we got there, I saw 3 big tables covered in baby clothes. Didn't think much of it, and headed inside. They didn't have the carrier I wanted, but had plenty of cute things. My mom started grabbing things left and right, and I went and checked out the tables outside. Apparently all the the items on the tables were $.25!! So needless to say, I went crazy. I spent a whole $8.00 on a huge pile of clothes, amazing! After buying everything we could carry, we headed back to my house to pick up Mister and headed out to dinner. When we got home I couldn't move. My body hurt so bad. I rolled into bed and cried. My right hip has been hurting for a few months, but this was a pain I never knew. We had no pain killers that I could take, and there was nothing Mister could do to make it stop. So I cried.

Saturday I went out to lunch with my Step-mom and one of her friends from a club that her and my dad belong to. It was very special. When we went to the back patio of the restaurant, M *friend* had the table decorated in a baby shower theme! She wasn't able to come to my shower, so she recreated it. There were balloons, streamers, and banners. So much fun! She was very generous with so many adorable outfits. She even got Sweet Pea her first pair of sunglasses! Too cute! She also put confetti in the gift bag and card. I may or may not still be cleaning it up haha and it may or may not have come with me to the doctors office today LOL

**Update** Totally forgot to mention the part when a complete stranger paid for all of our lunch! How awesome is that?! They wanted to remain anonymous, so we weren't even able to thank them. But I can assure you, it was very much appreciated.

After a good nap, we headed up to my moms house for a BBQ. We were suppose to help her put together her new patio furniture, but we got side tracked. So we watched a horror movie, and then I was afraid of the dark....don't judge.

Sunday we drove over to the BIL's house to seen all five of the nieces and nephews. The babies are 9 months old already! I can't believe it. Remember, they still don't know about Sweet Pea, so it was a little interesting. I waddle...a lot. One of the joys of being super fluffy, you can just pretend you got extra fat, and not pregnant haha

We went to the park, and played four square. I held the babies while the other ones played. The older kids had to go back to their moms house at about 3pm, 2.5 hours away. BIL invited us to drive down with them. We rarely get to see them, so we decided to go. Over 5 hours in the car at 9 months pregnant, while having to pee every 5 minutes is quite interesting, especially when most the people in the car don't know you're pregnant! We made it there and back in one piece. When we got home, we poured ourselves into bed and slept a good 13 hours!

I totally over did it this weekend, but it was a lot of fun. We have another doctor appointment tomorrow, and then we have Wednesday off. There is still quite a bit to get done before Sweet Pea joins us earth side. We're trying to get a little done each day. My nesting is out of control, but I'm in a lot of pain and don't have a lot of energy, so I'm relying on Mister quite a bit. But we're getting there.