Tuesday, May 21, 2013

T-minus 36 hours

We are now to the point of counting down the hours until Sweet Pea makes her appearance! We're looking at about 36 hours! Everything is ready to go. Still some light cleaning that could be done, but if it doesn't get finished, that's alright.

My anxiety level is pretty high right now. I've never had surgery before, so it's quite a bit scary. Not to mention we're going to be 100% responsible for this tiny little human. Mister and I are both extremely excited, just nervous.

I can not wait to see what this little one looks like! At each NST *Non Stress Test*, they do an ultrasound. During each ultrasound the nurse comments about how much hair she has! I had a lot of hair when I was born, so I'm really excited to see if she really does have a lot.

I was hoping Sweet Pea would turn head down, and I would go into labor before the c-section, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. On a positive note, everything I was planning on putting in my birth plan, my hospital does automatically! Delayed cord clamping, immediate skin to skin, and if I'm not able to do skin to skin for whatever reason, Mister will be able to. Sweet Pea will be with one of us at all times, and she will room in with us.

We're also declining the hepatitis B vaccine and the eye ointment they usually automatically put in newborns eyes. I would like to turn down the Vitamin K shot as well, but because Sweet Pea will be coming via c-section, it's necessary and they don't offer the drops.

I'm also planning on bringing home my placenta to encapsulate it.


Yep. I will be consuming my placenta. It's thought to help with postpartum  healing, and postpartum depression, along with a slew of other benefits. I'm at a very high risk for PPD *Postpartum depression*, and I'm not able to take anti depressants because they make me go manic. So if there is any chance that this will help me not suffer from it, you better believe I'll be doing it!

The hospital is on board with this, which is great! We're so excited to meet our little girl. And pictures will be posted once we're home and settled.

Thank you to everyone who showed your support and love. It was/is very much appreciated!