Thursday, June 27, 2013

A return of the sweet, Sweet Pea

Yesterday was probably one of the best days at home since we brought Sweet Pea home from the hospital. In the last 3 weeks at least. She seems to be so much happier since we switched formula. Her tummy is way less bloated than it was, and she is so much less gassy. She even slept in her swing alone for an hour, two separate times! This hasn't happened since we first brought her home. I was able to eat a full meal, fresh without a baby in my hands! I got all the dishes washed and put away, and a load of laundry folded and put away. After that was all done, she was still sleeping! I stood in the middle of the room, looking around. I didn't know what to do with myself. Sure there's hard cleaning that needs to be done, but I'm not up for that yet. I did get her baby book up to date though! Housework will always be here, she'll only be this little for a very short time.
We ended up taking Sweet Pea to the doctor due to her screaming for 4 hours at a time. The doctor said she had colic. We mentioned that she seemed to be a lot better on Enfamil, before we switched to Similac because of WIC. She wrote a prescription for WIC to give us vouchers for Enfamil gentle ease, but they've refused to take it. Instead they said we're going to need to use Similac sensitive. I'm scared shitless to go back to any form of Similac, she was so miserable on the regular stuff, what if it's all Similac that causes that? Half of her life she spent screaming. I feel so horrible about that, and I don't want it to come back.

Last night Mister went and picked her up and just held her while we watched a movie. The past few weeks, Sweet Pea wouldn't let anyone hold her while she was awake. She would just fuss and cry and then eventually scream. She actually fell asleep on his chest. It meant so much to both of us. Her screaming has been hard on all of us, but it's definitely taken its toll on Mister. I was even able to go lay down for a couple hours while Mister took care of her by herself. Last night was also the first night in 3 weeks that there was NO purple screaming. She fussed and cried a little, but no horrible gut wrenching screaming. Over all, it was a good night. If every night were like that, this would be a cake walk.

This weekend it's going to start getting hot. I hate the heat, and so far....so does Sweet Pea. It's suppose to be 99* on Tuesday!! NOT looking forward to that! 

Mister is thinking of calling his brother this weekend to try and set up getting together. They still don't know about Sweet Pea, and I'm very antsy to have them meet her. I feel more and more guilty about them not knowing about her. The BIL's twins are going to be a year old next month! I can't believe it. These babies just grow up way too fast. My nephew is going to be two in August! It feels like he just arrived. 

Hopefully this calmness will continue on the Similac sensitive, otherwise I don't know what we'll do. Things are happy again. Our sweet little girl has returned.