Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sweet Pea update *Plus a huge photo drop*

Remember when I said we had a nice little routine going? Yea...the day after I wrote that, it went right out the window. Sweet Pea has taken to only wanting to sleep on my chest or in my arms. I absolutely love holding her, but at some point I would like some sleep too. We are doing quite a bit of laundry as of late. She has been spitting up a lot. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just her clothes that got hit, but we get covered too.

We went for a walk in the park the other day, and she started fussing quite a bit. I'm still trying to figure out which cries mean what, so I figured she was just hungry because we had just changed her *at which point she peed all over herself while the diaper was off* so we sat down on a bench and I began to feed her. At about an ounce in, I sat her up to burp her as I usually do, she just screamed and rooted around for more, so I laid her back down to feed her a little more. And then it happened....a volcanic explosion of baby puke hit me right in the face and down my front. O.o We still had a couple places to go, so I had to clean myself up with baby wipes and change her outfit yet again. She was much happier after getting all that crud out of her.
I'm healing up extremely well. I went to the doctor today to check up on everything, and my scar looks really well. I have some scar tissue, but that's to be expected. I've had a headache for over 10 days, I'm pretty sure it's a tension headache from holding her in a certain position during the day and while we sleep. I've been holding her more with my other arm, and it's a tad better.
She has changed so much in the last 3.5 weeks. In these pictures, she's only 10 days old and she doesn't look like that at all anymore! I'm planning on doing a little 1 month update later this week. I can't believe she's going to be a month old already! Sometimes it feels like she's always been her, and I can't remember life without her, but sometimes it feels like I just had her.

We went and saw my Grandparents today, they love seeing her. They gave Sweet Pea a silver cup with her name and date of birth engraved on it, I cried of course. My Grandma also gave me a blanket that her Grandmother made my dad when he was born. That would be Sweet Pea's Great-great-great Grandma!! I may have also cried with that one as well.

We have had a few visitors since Sweet Pea was born. We, well I, love showing her off. She's just so beautiful. We made it clear that we needed at least a day's notice before people visit. Just to make sure the puke clothes are hidden in the wash and the dishes aren't piled in the sink. lol Actually we've been doing really well on staying on top of everything. It's gotten a little tricky since she doesn't like being put down for more than 20 minutes.

Not much more to update on yet, just sit back and enjoy the adorable pictures.