Saturday, August 31, 2013

A little update, with a picture!

The past few days have been a little hectic, not that we've been doing anything extra.

I threw my back out several days ago, so things are harder to do when it comes to Sweet Pea. Sleeping has been quite difficult, because I can't seem to get comfortable. Mister has been picking up the slack, by getting up with her for her morning feed, then brings her back to me so we can sleep a few more hours.

Yesterday we went to a local consignment store that was having a .25$ sale. They have three big tables piled high with children clothes for .25$ each. We loaded up, and spent a whopping $4.75. Because my back has been hurting so badly, I took a pain pill to help me out. I made the mistake of taking the pill on an empty stomach, and felt horrible for the rest of the day. Not only did my belly hurt, but the pill didn't even work, so my back was still killing me! So while Mister was checking out, I had to go back to the car and sit down. By the time we got home, I was a sweaty, moaning mess. I laid down and rolled back and forth in front of the fan. It took a few hours, but I finally felt while enough to come out to the front room.

Sweet Pea has been fighting sleep, more and more. The past couple of  nights, whenever I turn out the lights to go to bed, she wakes up and starts yelling at me. And gets progressively louder until I turn the lights back on. We've been going to bed earlier, so we can get up earlier, but last night she didn't want to go to bed until 12AM. She was tired, she kept falling asleep, but as soon as I would turn off the light, she would wake up and let me know she did NOT approve.

Next week is going to be a busy, but exciting one. We'll be having dinner with my dad and step-mom Tuesday night, and then heading out to the beach Wednesday morning. I'm hoping that my back will be back to 100% by then, because a long car ride does not sound fun while I'm in this much pain.

Not much else to report, so I'll leave you with a picture. Sweet Pea is holding herself up extremely well, and tolerating tummy time a little more now.