Friday, September 20, 2013

Miss Grump a lump

Poor Sweet Pea had her hardest night, last night, in a long time. It all started when I went to check out some clothes I'm planning on trading for some bigger sizes.

I took her into the bedroom with me, and laid her down on the bed. She had a complete meltdown when I went into the closet to sort out the clothes. I picked her up to calm her down, which worked. So I wrapped her up in the BabyHawk and tried to go about my business. I turned on the fan, beacause I sweat, all the time. And she started melting down again. I already had all the clothes dumped out all over my bed, but whatever.

I unwrapped her, and brought her back to the front room and tried to feed her. She ate about an ounce and fell asleep. She napped for 30 minutes and woke up.

The day went on as normal, kind of fussy, but normal. She took another 20 minute nap, and woke up a complete grump. When it came time to go to bed, she didn't want to eat. She didn't want to go to bed. She fell completely apart. The world was ending. She cried and cried.

Nothing would soothe her. I rocked her. I sang to her. I tried to feed her. The only thing that would calm her down was me walking around with her. I did get her to eat 2 ounces before she fell asleep, but then I made the mistake of trying to go to the bathroom. Then the melt down started all over again. We both cried ourselves to sleep. It was a very difficult night.

This was earlier in the evening. Thank god she's cute!