Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thank goodness for my placenta

Today has been a rough day. I will be ending this day with a few placenta pills.

And I'm in tears again.

This morning started out like any other. Actually, it started a little nicer. Mister got up with Sweet Pea, leaving me an hour plus to sleep by myself. He then brought her in at about 10:15AM, left, and came back with some heart breaking news. Lucy, our mama bunny, had passed away during the night.

I didn't really believe him. I just kept saying, "no, no, no". I may have been a bit dramatic, but our bunnies are our babies too.

 We got Bunjie first, when he was 6 weeks old. *On the left* He was so lonely, so we got Lucy. They made many, many babies, Whitey being one of them. She *Whitey* nearly died at birth, and we had to give her kitten formula to save her. Needless to say, we were attached, so we kept her. She's the middle one.

When Mister took Lucy out of their "cage" today, Bunjie bumped her trying to wake her up, and pulled on her fur. Lucy is his person. Both Whitey and Bunjie have been sitting in the spot where Mister found her, all day. It's heartbreaking.






We're not sure what happened. We've only had her 5.5 years, and they're supposed to live around 10 years. We got her from a breeder, and we did catch her in a few lies, so who knows if she was telling the truth about her age.

It has been a very sad day around our house, full of tears and hugs. I'm just glad Sweet Pea is too young to understand what's going on.