Sunday, October 6, 2013

What we've been up to

I just realized that I've been neglecting this blog a little. That's only because I've been spending all my waking hours with my sweet, Sweet Pea. That's a good reason, no?

Lately I've been doing a lot of one handed typing, which makes for a lot of typos and grammatical errors. Right now, my little Pea is napping on my left knee and leaning against my chest. So, bear with me while I stumble through this post.

Last weekend, Sweet Pea and I went to MommyCon, and it was amazing!! I got to hear Jessica from The Leaky Boob speak, as well as the creator of Birth Without Fear, January. January was inspiring, but Jessica's presentation on normalizing breastfeeding was fantastic!! She made the great point of the fact that we're trying to normalize, babies eating. How ridiculous is that?

Anyway, we also learned about car seat safety and baby proofing. There were a few booths around the venue, and we got some goodies throughout the day. My mom was going to buy me a starter pack of baby products from Earth Mama Angel Baby, and they gave me the pack as a gift! They're an all natural, organic and free of toxins company. I am now the proud user of angel baby oilangel baby lotion,angel baby shampoo and body wash and angel baby bottom balm. They smell pretty amazing, but not harsh either.

At the end of the convention, Jamie Grayson, also known as The Baby Guy, came up and gave some awesome things away. I won an Ergo for me and a doll carrier for Sweet Pea when she's a little older. Unfortunately, the Ergo is not meant for mama's with this much fluff, so /i'm not going to be able to use it. I'm going to sell it I think, and buy some other baby things.

I also got to meet a few friends from Facebook that I've been talking to for a while. One very generous friend gave Sweet Pea a bag of clothes! It was very much appreciated. It was a lot of fun getting to meet women I've been talking to for a couple years, and their babies. There were so many babies there! We even saw a 14 day old, I forgot babies were that small at one time.

We just had Sweet Pea's 4 month check up, and she's doing great. She's 17.13 lbs and reaching all her milestones right on track, if not before. She's working really hard on sitting up. She's liked us holding her in the sitting position since she was itty bitty, but now she strains to sit up by herself. She's been rolling from her belly to her back since she was 5 weeks, now we're working on her rolling from her back to her belly. She has a little nubbin of a tooth coming in on the bottom left. I can't see anything, but I can feel it. And she chews on everything! Not to mention the drool. Oh the drool!!

Sweet Pea got her first diaper rash. We got down to our last pack of diapers from baby shower, and they were a store brand. We think Sweet Pea was allergic to them. Once we bought different diapers, and let her air out between changes, along with diaper rash cream, and she cleared right up. It wasn't bad, but it was heartbreaking just the same.

Right now we're taking it easy, and staying inside. It's been raining quite a bit lately. Halloween is coming up, and we're pretty excited. I'm hoping I'll have Sweet Pea's costume ready in time. It's gonna be cute!