Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rough days

I have been having a hard few days, let's make that a hard week, emotionally. I'm not quite sure why, but it sucks. I've been more moody than usual, and taking it out on others. I've also been sleeping way too much, which I hate. Let's face it. I'm depressed. Is it postpartum depression? God, I hope not. But I have a suspicion it might be.

Sweet Pea has been extra cranky lately, which isn't helping. I think she's seriously teething. I've found myself snapping at her, which is horrible. She's 6 months old, she doesn't know what I'm saying. That's when I knew I needed to reach out for help.

I called my mom and asked if she would like to go for a drive with me, while Mister stayed with Sweet Pea. I'm still not comfortable with anyone else watching her. She, of course said yes, and came right over.

When she got got here she had some goodies for me! She brought me some Wen shampoo, and other products! We then hopped in the car and went to Bed Bath & Beyond, Craft Warehouse and then the Carter's outlet. Carter's was having a good sale so she went a little crazy on baby clothes. Retail therapy is good for the soul. I needed to get out of the house so badly. And I had a few things I needed to exchange at Carter's anyway. I appreciate it so much.

When we got home Sweet Pea was literally jumping up and down, she was so excited to see me. I missed her too! I gave her lots of kisses. Then came bedtime...She was tired. I could see it. But instead of going to sleep she melted down. I mean like a nuclear melt down. She screamed for an hour, and then vomited until she turned purple. I had to give her a bath because she smelled so bad of rotten milk, but she screamed through that too.

I finally got her dressed in a clean pair of jammies, and Mister bounced her on the exercise ball. She was asleep in 30 seconds. I then decided to utilize this sleeping baby time, and run through the shower. Did I forget to mention the vomit was on me, and my hair? Perfect excuse to use my new shampoo. Nice timing kid. It's awesome by the way. The next day, my hair wasn't frizzy!

Also, when I had my placenta encapsulated, I paid extra for a tincture. The lady never gave it to me! It was supposed to be ready in 12 weeks. Sweet Pea is nearly 7 months now.... I've contacted her several times. She wanted me to drive way the hell out to wherever she lives to pick it up, so I asked her to mail it. She said it would be an extra $5.00! So we sent her another $5.00, and haven't heard anything since. Her business Facebook page says they aren't taking any new clients for 8 weeks, due to births. Well, I'm an existing client. I want a full refund, including the $5.00. I've had my mom contact her a few times too, she's going to call her tomorrow. I'm sure the tincture would have come in handy this past week.