Saturday, March 15, 2014

Letters to Sweet Pea 9.5 months

Dear Sweet Pea,

I can't believe you're almost 10 months old. We're planning your first birthday and it still doesn't seem real that you're here, that you're ours. You're this amazing gift that I get to wake up to, each and every day.

You have become quite the little eater. You can down 6 oz. from your bottle, like it's nothing. Your all time favorite food is currently, steak. You suck all the juice right out of it. You also love sharing a pear at lunch time, with mommy. You also like applesauce, broccoli, carrots and refried beans. Not to mention potatoes. We even got a video of you eating a lemon, but you liked it and got mad when we took it away!

You still sleep with mommy every night, and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I did connect the crib to the bed because, sometimes you get so wiggly and seem to do better on your own for a couple hours.

Sometimes you fall asleep on me when daddy and I are watching a movie before bed, around 9pm. Or sometimes I take you into bed at 10:30pm and you're still not ready to settle down! But, without fail, you are up by 8:30am, every morning. 

I hold you while you nap. And you know what? I love it! You're growing so quickly, and someday you won't want mommy to hold you while you sleep. So I will do it while I still can. 

Developmentally you have sky rocketed! You have started crawling, learned to get in the seated position on your own (you were very excited!), you've learned to pull yourself up an you've started walking while holding onto things! Proud doesn't begin to describe it. You continue to amaze me each and every day.

You've also cut 7, 7!!! teeth in the past month and a half! That's a lot of teeth for a little baby! And you're working on your 8th one. Some of them, you had a really rough time with. But most of them you've done amazingly well. You like to test them out, while biting.

The weather is warming up, so we're trying to get out of the house a little more. We've taken you to the park a couple times, and plan on going today. As soon as you wake up from your nap. Daddy installed your new car seat, you officially outgrew your infant one. 

You love playing with your toys. You will stand at your toy box for several minutes deciding on which toy to play with. Your all time favorite thing to play with, is daddy. You light up every time you see him and crawl as fast as you can to get to him. He'll throw you in the air and toss you on a pile of pillows, and you just giggle. 

We love you more than words can describe. You are my sunshine. You are my Sweet Pea.