Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Weekend

Easter was amazing! We're not a religious family, so I guess it's more celebrating the beginning of Spring for us. 

We originally weren't going to do an Easter basket because Sweet Pea is still too young to grasp the concept, and we didn't have the money. But we ended up going to the dollar store, and got some really cute stuff! 
I'm really big on no candy. Obviously for kids Sweet Pea's age, but older too. I'm by no means a "kale chip mom". I just don't think kids need a basket full of chocolate and other candies to make a holiday fun. So Sweet Pea got pink bunny ears, that she promptly ripped off her head. A princess crown with flowers, rubber ducky, 3 board books, a fabric doll and empty plastic Easter eggs. Next year they'll be filled with non candy goodies. 
The day before Easter, Easter Eve, Sweet Pea and I got crafty. 
I got the idea from Pinterest, which led me to this blog. I think it turned out really cute! I wish I had started footprint crafts earlier with her, to have them to remember.
After a quiet Easter morning just the three of us, we hurried to get ready to my Dad's side of the family, for brunch. 

I didn't get many pictures of Sweet Pea there, but we had a lot of fun. We celebrated 6 birthdays!! So, there was cake. Sweet Pea was sure she needed some but, I've been very strict...no cake until her first birthday. She doesn't need it. There is no nutritional value to it. 

Anyway, she went around to every single person begging for cake. She even started climbing up one of my male cousin's legs, trying to get his cake! And did a little dance for him!! LOL He thought it was hilarious...it was. 

We did get a couple of sweet pictures of Sweet Pea with my Grandmother. They're so sweet together.