Friday, April 18, 2014

My baby is growing too fast, and it's hard

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I got up with Sweet Pea, like every other morning. Got her changed and dressed. Then just handed her to Mister with her morning bottle, and went back to bed. I stayed in bed until nearly 11:30am! Mister did bring Sweet Pea in for diaper changes, and to have a nap. But other than that, he let me be. And I needed it.

I continued the rest of the day in a funk. I'm admining for Rock-a-bye-booty B/S/T, which is a lot of fun. And I did get to talk to the creator of the page and diapers, a new friend, T. That cheered me up. When it was time for bed, I was more than ready! My front room looked like a tornado had hit it, and I was not in the mood to clean it up.

Once Sweet Pea started to fall asleep, I snuggled in close, and I cried. I cried because she's growing up so fast, too fast. And I felt like I wasted what little time I had left with her as a little baby, in bed. I felt, guilty. 

I knew she was being taken care of, I knew Mister could handle it. I now know it was irrational, but I couldn't help it. My tiny baby is going to be 1 in a little over a month, and I'm just not ready. It's a very emotional time for a mom.