Thursday, May 22, 2014

I cried today: A letter to Sweet Pea

Dear Sweet Pea,

I cried today, as I fed you your last breakfast as an 11 month old. I cried today, as I gave you your last bath as an 11 month old. And I cry now, as I put you down for your last nap as an 11 month old. For tomorrow, you turn one. You are going to be a whole year old. 

This time last year, I was imagining what you were going to look like. Were you going to look more like me, or Daddy? You looked more like Mommy when you were first born, but now you're looking more like Daddy. 


I look at you now, as you lay on my chest sound asleep, and you still take my breath away. I am in awe of you. You continue to amaze me every single day. You are the most beautiful little girl in the entire world. I fall more in love with you every day. I'm so lucky to be your mama, Thank you for choosing me.