Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Yesterday was my first official Mother's Day! I had grand plans of sleeping in until noon, but the universe had other ideas. I woke up at 8am with Sweet Pea instead, still wonderful. My Mother's Day gift won't arrive for a few weeks, but it's well worth the wait. 
No one understands that I actually enjoy getting stuff for Sweet Pea, for myself. When I told them what I was getting, they would say "that's not for you".....oh yes it is! I'm ecstatic over this!

We went up to my mom's house to help her clean up for Sweet Pea's birthday party, that's fast approaching. But we needed to spend some time outside in the gorgeous sun! 


My mom, Sweet Pea and I played in the grass while Mister BBQ'd some ribs and corn. I didn't get ant pictures of Sweet Pea eating, but she made a huge, huge mess. So big, that she had to be stripped down and the highchair needed to be hosed off! She then got some nakey time in the grass.

Mister and my mom went inside and did some cleaning, and I tried to get Sweet Pea to nap outside. Tried being the key word there. We ended up going inside and watching old episodes of Power Puff Girls. And Sweet Pea finally fell asleep.

Mother's Day was lovely. I didn't get to relax one bit, but that's OK. I love the reason I didn't. I hope everyone else had a nice Mother's Day too.