Thursday, June 12, 2014

Letters to Sweet Pea 12.5 months

Dear Sweet Pea,

You're one! A whole year old! How did that happen? I can no longer say, "This time last year, you were still in my belly." I had a really hard time with you turning one, but man am I enjoying you being one!

You eat like a big kid now. Formula is a thing of the past. As soon as you turned one you wanted your cows milk and your big people food. You eat 4-5 smallish meals a day. Your all time favorite foods a grapes, cottage cheese and pears. You even tolerate broccoli! If a bite is too big, or you don't like something, you just stick out your tongue, and let all the food fall out of your mouth. I'd rather you not do this, but it's also quite funny.

You still sleep with Mommy every night, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. That's when Mommy gets her Sweet Pea snuggles in. You also still nap on Mommy, or in Mommy's arms. A lot of people say you will be too big for this soon, and I say, that's why I'm doing it now. You sleep through the night still, only waking to get a drink of water sometimes.

I don't even know where to start with your development. You've started walking for one! The day after you turned 11 months, you took 4 running steps and then didn't do anything for a couple weeks. Now, you walk all over the place!

You're trying really hard to talk. You say Mama. Dada, Nei nei (milk), No, Hi, aaaand WIGGLE/GIGGLE!!! It's so cute! One of your toys sings it, an you picked it up. Oh, and you sing " E I E I E I" to Old McDonald!

You have 10.5 teeth! 3 of those are molars. And they just kind of popped up.

You love giving kisses to everything and everyone. And you love getting into things you know you're not supposed to. You adore books and reading, so much so that you eat the books, so we keep them up where you can't get them. But we read everyday. When you're really excited or happy, you clap your feet together, and it's the cutest thing in the world!

This year has been the most amazing, best year of my life. All because of you.

June 2013

June 2014