Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I have a toddler

Sweet Pea has grown and changed so much. I know I say that all the time, but it's always true. She's a toddler now. I will always see her as my little baby, but she's a tot for sure. 

She has a mind of her own, is a spirited child and isn't afraid to tell us how it is. 

We went to the park a couple of times last week to get some pictures of her, because we had been neglectful in that department all month. We were letting her run around in the grassy area, to burn of some energy. By the time it was time to leave, the meltdown that was thrown our way was outrageous! Arching of the back, kicking of the legs. The whole nine yards. 

Sweet Pea can now say about 10 words, give or take a word. She doesn't say them in context really. Except "no". She's got that one down. And sometimes "Ow", like when she pinches us, or pulls my hair. Then she'll say "ow. Yes baby, ow. -_- 

Even on trying days, at the end of the day, when we snuggle up together in bed, my heart fills with joy. I'm so lucky to be her mama. Seeing her grow and explore everyday is so exciting. Exhausting. But thrilling, none the less.