Sunday, October 5, 2014

Keeping it real

Something I don't talk about on this blog, is my mental health. I used to have another blog where I could let it all out, but a little over a year ago some stuff went down, and I got majorly cyber bullied. So, I took it down, and made this one that just focuses on Sweet Pea. 

The fact of the matter is, I have bipolar disorder. Every summer I go manic, and ever fall/winter, I get depressed. The depression started a little early this year. Like, the same day the mania was ending. The mania was also really rough this year, medicine wasn't helping much at all. The whole point to this, why I'm even bothering saying anything, is this is the reason I haven't been blogging. I am currently too overwhelmed to breathe, and all summer I was too fidgety to sit still to write anything out.

We all do the best we can as parents. I am doing the best I can as a mom, wife, daughter and friend. And most days I feel as though I've failed miserably. Sweet Pea watches too much tv, I don't pay enough attention to Mister, I've let my parents down in every way possible, and I'm such a recluse that I can't make a simple play date with my friends and their kids. 

But, I know I'm doing the best that I can with the cards I was dealt. Just keeping it real.