Thursday, October 9, 2014

Why we won't be watching Sprout, until Halloween is over

Yesterday, when Mister and I were trying to get some work done around the house, we put Sweet Pea in the playpen and turned on Sprout, and toddler friendly channel. (We now have to jail her, because she's learned to climb, but can't quite get down).

I was folding laundry, and Mister was washing dishes. All of a sudden, we heard a blood curdling scream. Mister ran into the front room and Sweet Pea was pointing to the TV, screaming. There was a Party City commercial on, for Halloween. He comforted her and she was fine. 

Today, while I was folding diapers, Mister was playing with Sweet Pea with Sprout on in the background. I was in the other room, and I heard her scream again. I ran out to the front, and that damn commercial was running again! The fact that they even play this commercial on a channel aimed at such young children, just blows my mind.

At the very end of the commercial, there is a sugar skull painted lady, that gets close to the camera and hisses. I think that's what scares Sweet Pea the most. It was scaring her so much, that she would panic when any commercial would come on. So, for now, we'll be sticking to onDemand. Or, no TV at all.