Monday, December 1, 2014

Excited! Plus an update

I'm so excited for Christmas this year! Last year we got Sweet Pea a bunch of small, inexpensive things, that ended up being crap. But this year we bought her just a few higher ticket items. We got her a play kitchen!! I'm so excited for this! We also got her a big box of play food to go with the kitchen. Then we got her a baby carriage and a Caillou doll, that cost almost as much as the kitchen. But when we picked it up, Sweet Pea got SO excited!! "What's this? What's this?" I can't wait to give it to her. We also got a few stocking stuffers for her stocking. 

We're getting Sweet Pea's Christmas pictures taken tomorrow, which also happen to be her 18 month pictures. But first we have to go to Target and buy her a pair of dress shoes, because we lost one of her red shoes. (heartbroken) 

We're going to be putting the tree up this week, but leaving ornaments off of it this year, little hands and fragile pieces don't mix. 

We've been taking swim classes with one of her grandmas. Sweet Pea just LOVES it. She loves her baths, but the pool is so much bigger. She splashes and kicks. The joy on her face makes my heart happy. And we get to see my dad and step mom more often.

Sweet Pea is doing amazingly well. She's picking up a few words here and there, but then forgets another. She knows where her: eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, hair, hands and bellybutton are. She's addicted to her paci. I'm working to get her off of it during the daytime, but it's a struggle. She's been on a kissing strike for a few months, but will give me a handful of them every once in a while, and it melts my heart. I'm one lucky mama.
.