Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sleepless nights

I haven't been sleeping at night. I just lay there. We go to bed at 10:30pm every night. We have a ritual. I'm tired. There's no reason I shouldn't be sleeping, except my brain won't turn off. I lay in the dark room listening to Sweet Pea breathe for about 4 hours until I finally fall asleep around 2 am. It's torture. Sweet Pea wakes up at 10am, so really that's enough sleep for a normal person, but it's not for me. It never has been. I need a lot of sleep, always have. It's a depression thing I suppose. 

Last night was no different. And tonight is a full moon, so it's going to be even worse. I'm beginning to dread going to bed at night because I know I'm just going to lay there, not sleeping. I use lavender oil every night, and it's not helping. I need to get a diffuser, just have it in the air. Add that to my Christmas list. It's 10:23pm, time to go lay in the dark.