Saturday, April 25, 2015

Just your average update

Sweet Pea is going to be two in just one short month. I can't believe it. This time last year, I was an emotional mess. Because, I was losing my baby and gaining a toddler. I'm not as emotional this year. I'm more looking forward to what's to come. She's grown and changed so much this year, especially the last couple of months.

Her vocabulary and logic skills have taken off. She's practically gotten her colors down if you ask her to point to them, although she can't quite say them yet. And she can point out her shapes as well. And I've mentioned this on FB a few times, but she's also learning her letters, and can name a few. I know every parent thinks their child is a genius, but I'm really proud of her.

This little miss Sweet Pea skipped her nap for the first time the other day. It was a very long day. You would think that would mean she would go to bed early, and sleep well. Nope! She went to bed at her normal time, and was up every hour. Mama was tired. 


I've been working really hard on losing weight. I'm currently down 124 lbs, and have about 120-130 more to go. It's a bit discouraging thinking I have to lose the same amount all over again. But then I just tell myself, it's not about the destination. It's about the journey. It didn't take a day to gain it (although it 100 of it came on in less than a year, from medication) and it won't come off in a day either. I'm taking one day at a time, and setting small to moderate goals for myself. My current goal? Hit 150 lbs gone. Almost there!