Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hard parenting day

Yesterday was a hard parenting day. Toddlers are rough. Sweet Pea is well into her twos now, and boy does she let you know it. 

Yesterday was full of yelling, and failed potty training attempts. Sweet Pea's been asking to sit on the potty, so it's not me forcing her to go. But still, I don't think she's quite ready. She can't seem to stay seated on the potty. She likes to get up and explore, diaperless, and we have lots of carpet that I would rather not have pee on. She's peed in it once though, and got a chocolate chip. Then came and peed in the front room, and asked for one -_- I have no problem keeping her in diapers. They're cloth, and I love my cloth. 

You know what else she does? That I'm sure all two year olds do, she doesn't listen to save her life! It drives me up the freaking wall! I'll ask her to do something, and she just looks at me with this blank stare. Or if I ask her to stop doing something, she'll keep doing it, while looking at me with this little smirk. She's definitely two.

But you know what? I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I have that craving for a small baby again, that newborn squish *sigh*, baby rabies. I've got it bad. Someday. ;) 

Sweet Pea is becoming more and more verbal as the days go on. She now asks us to "cook a piece of cheese" with her. Which means to cook with her play kitchen, with her lol She's a riot. 

She's also a kiss machine. She loves to give kisses. Oh, and Peppa Pig! She's totally obsessed. She LOVES to jump in puddles, just like Peppa. Right now, she's pretending there are puddles all over the living room. 

So, I would say that today is better. I guess that's what it's all about right? There are good days and bad days? No one has good days all of the time. Even if they say they do, they don't. 


I'm back on track with losing weight. I'm only 37 lbs away from not being "morbidly obese" anymore! That's big for me. I got stuck for a while, but am doing well again.  

*Edit: I'm actually only 27 lbs away from not being morbidly obese, but 37 away from my next goal :)