Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Short walks on the beach

When Mister and I first got together, we went to the beach fairly often. It was really special. We would walk the beach and browse the shops. The first time we went, he bought me a Corona hoodie. It definitely no longer fits, but I'll never get rid of it.

We haven't been to the beach, just the two of us, in 6+ years. We went once, when Sweet Pea was 10 weeks old....that was really hard.

My mom took all of us to Sea Side, yesterday. We got a little side tracked along the way, but it was still nice.

We were only able to stay on the actual beach, for a couple of hours. During that time however, Mister and I left Sweet Pea with my mom, and we went to walk the beach. We were looking for seashells, mainly for Sweet Pea.

I felt so connected to him at that moment. We were relaxed, joking and laughing. We took pictures together, like we did nearly 11 years ago. 

We also found two *whole* sand dollars! No cracks or anything. It felt like it brought us closer. 

When I struggle, he struggles. Which in turn, makes us as a unit, struggle. 

It was just, really nice. It was only like, 30 minutes alone. But they were wonderful.